In consumer research, the initial reaction to the concept of Orthokeratology (OVC) was extremely positive. However, no-one had ever heard about it before. The challenge for i-GO is to let consumers know that a new and exciting vision correction option is available which is ideally suited to busy, active lifestyles.
A marketing investment of up to £1m is planned with the initial launch market in London. Outlets will then be added onto the i-GO network in pre-selected cities and major towns across the UK to give national coverage. By approaching distribution in this way, it enables the marketing budget to be specifically directed where there is a dense population of target consumers and i-GO accredited professionals.
A comprehensive support programme has been formulated to drive highly motivated and positively informed consumers to your outlet who will ask for i-GO by name. The programme will be controlled centrally by the i-GO marketing team and will include:
- Local Call Rate Central Number Screening - seamlessly transferring new patients directly to the i-GO optician network if they do not call the practice directly
- PR and Advertising Campaign - aimed at the national, regional and local press, general and specialist magazines, broadcast media and online. Since launch, iGO has had major features in The Daily Mail (2x), The Guardian, The Mail On Sunday, TheLondonPaper and some 20 magazine titles as well as a wide variety of websites and blogs.
- Comprehensive Website - fully optimised for search and actively marketed and including online Suitability Questionnaire, Consultation Booking facility, patient testimonials and a regularly updated newsfeed. iGO ranks highly on internet search across a range of keyword terms used by consumers who may be suitable for Overnight Vision Correction.
- Email Marketing Programme - all website registrations are captured on a database which as at July 2011 has almost 3,000 customer prospects to whom we send promotional emails and newsletters. All registered website visitors who successfully complete the online Suitability Questionnaire are immediately emailed with confirmation of their Questionnaire results and details of their nearesr accredited iGO practitioner. A copy of this email is also sent to the practitioner so that the patient can be followed up directly to book a consultation.
- Sports & Celebrity Sponsorship - ongoing activities are targeting sports participants and celebrities who are short-sighted and willing to become an iGO Overnight Vision Correction ambassador. So far, this programme has enrolled Akaash Bhatia - a leading British featherweight pro boxer - and Jo McGilchrist - a key member of the England Women's Rugby team and one of the leading players at last year's World Cup tournament where England finished runners-up to New Zealand.
- Fully Branded Consumer Package - unique i-GO lens packs and comprehensive point of sale materials including patient leaflets and practice display posters.